Wednesday, 23 September 2009

The dustbin ferment


If you're wondering why there's been silence for a while it's because nothing much has happened.

Which is not entirely true. After racking the main 100 litres and leaving it, yours truly thought a few more would be good. So, with the help of a Kiwi friend who's working with me at the (proper) winery, we picked 100kg more last weekend.

Because I didn't want to tip the juice from the latest batch in with the (potentially fermenting) previous juice, I've used a black, 95 litre dustbin to do this one in. We managed to get about 60-70 litres out of it, which isn't bad going.

After three days settling (one day longer than I'd like), it was racked.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home